Pimpama Aquatic Centre Microgrid
Rifle Range Road Pimpama QLD
ADCO/Gold Coast City Council
Est; December 2021
Make the northern Gold Coast one of the most liveable and desirable areas of the Gold Coast. GCCC were considering issues regarding the supply, cost and procurement of their electricity.
Council was seeking a comprehensive solution to the following problems
- high and ever-increasing electricity charges
- uncertain supply – network outage issues
- positive environmental impact
This project required the construction of the rooftop solar PV to be seamlessly delivered in parallel with major civil construction of the site.
Lenio Energy was engaged to manage the project utilising previous major construction management experience, and its in-depth knowledge and skills required for the engineering, procurement, and construction activities required for a successful outcome. Lenio Energy invested time in the planning, and design to ensure that all stakeholder needs could be delivered on time and to budget.
- Lenio Energy’s microgrid for ADCO/GCCC is comprised of: Solar Array: 1924 roof mounted Sunpower 420w Solar PV panels (808KW) and 7 x 110KW Sungrow inverters
- BESS (Battery Energy Storage Solution): 300KVA ABB Battery inverters coupled to 364KWH Samsung batteries.
- Cogeneration: 300KVA (Supplied by others)
- 1 x Schnieder ion9000 Microgrid Controller that manages the solar generation, battery storage, cogeneration, grid supply, and power supply to the Aquatic centre.
A microgrid system that Lenio Energy designed and constructed in partnership with ADCO/GCCC/JPR is a first of a kind in Australia. It is the largest solar and battery system delivered in the GCCC area, and the only Solar, Battery, Gas cogeneration system in Australia. The cogeneration system will use natural gas to generate both power and thermal energy to heat the pools.
Carlton United Brewery Solar Farm
Yatala QLD, Abbotsford VIC
Smart Commercial Solar & Ampry Energy
Carlton United Brewery engaged Smart Commercial Solar to design and construct a 9MW Solar PV project across two CUB sites. Smart Commercial Solar engaged Lenio Energy to act as the Supervising Project Manager and Construction Supervision services.
Lenio Energy assigned a Supervising Project Manager to each site to act as the owner’s project manager. We also deployed a full-time construction supervisor to both sites to supervise the construction of the Solar PV Farm.
After 18 months of and construction, both projects were delivered to the satisfaction of the clients.